Sunday, January 14, 2007

Uttar Pradesh ↓↓ -- Madhya Pradesh ↑↑

If you are wondering what this Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh business is, well I lost some scalp hair in my Uttar Pradesh region and gained a few centimeters to my tummy in my Madhya Pradesh region in 2006. One of my countless resolutions this year is to reduce Madhya Pradesh.

Apart from that, 2006 was a great year. To start with, I got transferred back to my hometown of Coimbatore and in a different role now. The year started with a bike trip to Coorg and ended with a bike trip to Athirapally-Valparai (both with my friend Kicha). I was lucky enough to go on trips in all the 12 months of 2006. Shakaleshpur, Thadiyandamol, Chennrayanadurga, Siddarbetta, BR Hills, Tirupathi, Wayanad, Trivandrum, Kanyakumari, Tirunelveli, Avalanchi, Masinangudi, Valparai, Grass Hills, Tanjore, Athirapally are some of places which I visited.

Professionally too, it was a great year for me. I got transferred back to my hometown and in a new role now.

The best thing which happened to my in 2006 was my team. I just love them all. They are mix of young and middle-age people and are simply great to work with. The way they pooled together to celebrate my birthday spoke of their affection. I am sure many of them are going to get promoted in 2007 with their hard work, and I am sure we are going to have a great year ahead in 2007.

As with last year, Kicha and I decided to start the year with a trip and we decided on Athirapally-Valparai (Dec 29 and 30 were the dates). I had been in the same route before with Abdul in September, but decided to go there again to enjoy the beauty again. Last time it was rain, rain all the way. This time, it was totally dry and sunny. Though the beauty remains the same, I would always prefer to go in rains to see the freshness and green.

Route and other details available in my earlier blog in September 2006.






















Kicha and me




















Shouting in joy














Biking in the shrubs














Dangerous curve ahead!!!




















Back to the past














Travelling - It's my cup of tea














Athirappaly in the morning














Beautiful road in the jungle














Sunbath in the forest














Chalakudy River

No comments: